Friday, March 18, 2011

This week....ggrrrrr treadmill!

Ok, I admit defeat. I need to use my treadmill.

Well, yes I know, what is the use of having one if you don't use it. Sadly since Tia I loath it. It speaks confinement every time I look at it. "YOU are stuck inside" it screams as I eye it off when I walk pass. When I'm running my heart out on it, its like going no where and not very fast. I hide the time and distance under a towel and focus on the song or thought going through my head. Pound, pound, pound on the spot.

"Haha only 500 metres!" it laughs as I pull back the towel for a peek!

I want to run outside with the sun and wind. Or like yesterday with a soft misty rain sweeping my face keeping me cool and making me feel alive.

But to achieve my dream of running the City to Surf with my boy Jens I will have to put in some time on the mill.

I must conquer this resentment of confinement. I can't sit in my little office room with the door closed without getting up and opening it. My bedroom feels tight and cramped (probably because it is). I don't like being penned up anymore. Simple as that.

Ok so this week- 2 runs and 1 chiro appointment. The Chiro counts as he gives me a massage and helps me to be able to move!

Quote of the week- Forrest Gump

Jenny: Run Forrest Run!

Forrest starts running and breaks free of his leg braces.

Forrest: Now you wouldn't believe it if I told you. I could run like the wind blows. From that day on if I was going somewhere I was Running!

What am I concerned about-

1.Yet another week has passed with no work on my book.
2.My good friend who used to sit through the torture of swimming lessons with me has been replaced by Gravity Guy.
3.My daughter who loves dance lessons didn't attend this week as punishment and she didn't really care. So what's the point of that!?

Time to break free and be running,

Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment