Saturday, March 12, 2011

This Week.....ended with Gratitude

WoW....where have the last two weeks gone??

Recap- two weeks ago I was here on the farm with 4 kids awaiting the return of hubby from his and son no.3's trip to the States. On cue, my stoic grandma passes away the day he returns home. Here's my tribute. A beautiful lady with the grand age of nearly 94. Two days of madness with hand over of our business to dear hubby and a lot of packing and we're off for the weekend where I am left at my parents so I can attend her funeral while hubby and kids return home to attend school.

With a deep breath and I find myself in front of 100 people sobbing trying to exhale the bible readings. Unfortunately I am on the order of service directly after the tribute so tears are on mass! At one point I decide to surrender to the crying as holding back the tears is merely making the words a jumbled mess. So the congregation watches as I regain composure by letting it out, simply crying because I'm crying. Followed by sucking it up and doing a reasonable job of the second half.

Upon returning home I'm exhausted mess from dealing with all sorts of family matters and have to jump right back in and get on with my life.

So the last two weeks- 2 runs, 2 short stretching sessions. That's it! And somewhere in there I managed three uninterrupted hours on my book.....sigh.

What am I concerned about-

1. My iPhone died and I miss it.
2. My eyes are still twitching after two good sleeps.
3. I'm so far behind in my housework and washing it's ridiculous.
4. There's only 3 weeks of school left for this term.
5. Someone will make the mistake of asking me to do the bible reading at a funeral again.

As I look at my concerns I realise I really don't have any. As the news unfolds in front of me for the third night in a row showing mass devastation and destruction in Japan. My life is pretty bloody good!

Thanks and gratitude xo

Cathy

PS No photo as my phone has recently departed this planet....sigh.

2 comments:

  1. hello lovely. I love your concerns and your gratitude and your honesty. Very uniquely cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miffy in the Middle of No Where :) When I said I was crying because I was crying I meant it had changed from crying because of Grandma. I so wanted to get up there and read it without tears for her. But then again it wouldn't be me if I'd read it like that. It was the way it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete